Catalyst Experiential is looking for a Construction Estimator to join our team as we expand throughout the East Coast. Working from our headquarters in the Philadelphia Area, this position will support Catalyst by working with the construction team to develop local projects as well as develop a national infrastructure of contractors and vendors to support projects nationwide.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The estimator role will be responsible for conceptual estimates, interim design estimates and establishing a project budget for the sign installations, track costs, prepare scopes of work for subcontract execution, participates in the Value Engineering process along with the Construction Manager and provides information back to the construction team on post reviews
- To accomplish this, the estimator must gather all the data regarding materials, equipment, utilities and manpower required for a given project including use of personal historical data to assess how long the project will take, adjust for economic conditions and perform a cost analysis to produce an accurate estimate
- They will manage subcontractor bidding process, bid-leveling, and analyze and evaluate offers
- Once the estimate is complete, the estimator presents the estimate to senior management members and then tracks the project costs through fruition
- They will evaluate overall risk and vendor budgets for projects by considering RFP, drawings, specs, or other documents
- Developing strategies to meet project goals, like setting work hours to accelerate, sequencing tasks, obtaining long lead materials, etc.
- Selecting, measuring and tracking important metrics
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors
- BA in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in construction estimating will be required
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities
- Possess strong computer skills; especially Microsoft Office, as well as industry estimating programs such as Sage Estimator or equivalent, project management software, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task proficiently
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Candidate must also have his or her own source of transportation and a valid driver’s license
This position offers full benefits, a variety of growth opportunities, and potential for incentive compensation. For immediate consideration please submit your resume to Careers@Catalystex.com.