Real Estate Development Analyst
Catalyst Experiential is looking for an analyst to join our development team as we expand into new markets. Catalyst redefined the physical form of communication by integrating visual communication technology with local landmarks, infrastructure, and community experiences. The company was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies in the nation in 2020, and ranked as the 81st fastest growing company in the country and the number one fastest growing company in the Philadelphia tri-state area as well as the entire state of Pennsylvania.
Working from our headquarters in Newtown Square, the Real Estate Development Analyst will support the team in developing target locations for its new assets.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the identification and pursuit of new development locations
- Primary areas of focus include: market analysis, financial analysis, investment underwriting, and due diligence
- Review of local zoning ordinances, zoning maps, and amendments
- Will also be responsible for analyzing regional traffic and demographic data, aggregating municipal data, to build municipal intelligence packages and identify appropriate parcels of land
- Identify and research key audiences, tracking key attributes and information in Catalyst’s ERP system
- Work with design team that creates visualizations of new projects to ensure accuracy of their models, and adherence with local zoning, setback requirements, etc.
- Oversee 3rd party contractors conducting site surveys or analysis to ensure viability of sites, gather necessary data for the permitting process, and enable the creation of accurate models
- Support the permitting and approval process as well as submit applications when required, and assist the Development team with research and support as required
- Collect, organize, process, analyze, and visually display data in a range of formats, including in tables, graphs, figures, and map
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel modelling and all other aspects of Microsoft Office and Google Earth, experience with other GIS mapping platforms such as ArcGIS is a plus
- Prepare for and attend municipal public meetings as needed
- Be a strong team player willing to participate in ad hoc projects and assist with miscellaneous office tasks
- 2+ years of commercial real estate experience as an analyst or equivalent role, RE development experience a plus. They will work closely with the Developer and their assigned PODs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and Google Earth, experience with other GIS mapping platforms such as ArcGIS is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, patience and perseverance is a must
- Advanced critical thinking skills, exhibited by the ability to take information from a wide variety of sources and synthesize/analyze the information to source new opportunities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task proficiently
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Must be a self-starter and not require constant supervision
- Must be willing to work beyond the 40-hour work week and respond to off-hours requests for assistance as needed
- Candidate must also have his or her own source of transportation and a valid driver’s license